Tuesday, December 11, 2007

horror & religion

Sorry, no picture today :)
Anyways
I recently developed a liking to Asian horror films.
They are scarier than American horror films, and I love the twist at the end.
Some that were good are Cut, Reincarnation, and Ghost (haha talk about simple titles). I wanna watch the One Last Call series and the original Dark Waters.
I absolutely love horror movies...

On a completely unrelated subject;
I heard a couple days ago that the movie Golden Compass had been boycotted by Catholic groups because it contained Atheist messages.
This is just my opinion (you don't have to agree), but to me, as an Agnostic, this was a little odd; the religious group got riled up because they regarded this as an anti-God propaganda.
However, Nicole Kidman, who played a major part on the film, was quoted saying that she thought this film was definitely NOT anti-religion and thought the Catholic group was being a little paranoid.
My thought is, if religious groups get worked up about a movie that seems to have an "anti-God" connotation, why don't the non-religious boycott movies such as Nativity Story or The Passion of the Christ, which are obviously pro-religion?
As much as religious people are afraid of their children becoming Atheist because of a movie, shouldn't strictly non-religious people be afraid of their children becoming religious?
I say movies are movies and should be left as movies, not interpreted as propaganda material. I mean, I just go to the theaters to have fun, not to turn Catholic or Christian or Atheist.

I hate people who force their beliefs on others as much as I love Asian horror films. Just saying.

Good night.

1 comment:

Dizzy_D said...

so you're a fckin right. hahahah i don't know why these people don't see it. friggin hypocrites. but of course, we all are sometimes. but these people are kinda wacked up int he head. lolz.


and i gotta watch those movies. hahahah fcking a
they seem so interesting.